Jobs at ICC
International Christian Concern (ICC) is a Washington, DC-area (501)(c)(3) nonprofit devoted to providing assistance, advocacy, and awareness for the worldwide persecuted Christian Church.
Our current job openings are:
Office & Database Assistant
Are you looking for a job you can believe in and that makes an impact? ICC is currently looking for an organized, detail-oriented individual for the role of Office & Database Assistant. ICC has a strong preference for candidates with a strong Christian witness and a passion to serve the persecuted church. This is a full-time position.
Responsibilities to include:
- General Office Administration: Provide customer-facing care through phone calls, emails, letters and thank you notes. Maintain office and managers’ calendars, answer phone calls, perform filing and other general office tasks. Maintain and order office and kitchen supplies. Prepare and track correspondence and mailings. Prepare for meetings and guests. Maintain equipment inventory for audit.
- Financial: Process and reconcile various financial deposits, batches, wire transfers and credit card statements. Prepare various weekly, monthly and quarterly income and expense reports.
- Database: Oversee Donor Lifecyle Management through Kindful, our Customer Relations Management (CRM) database. Run queries, generate reports, update donor statistics, send thank you notes, maintain mailing lists and report errors. Provide support and analysis for moving leads to recurring donors.
- Other: Special projects as assigned by the Operations Director
Experience and Skills
- We have a strong preference for an individual with a strong Christian witness and history.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience with 1-3 years of demonstrated administrative experience
- Working knowledge of Kindful and Emma is a plus
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Analytical ability to construct CRM queries and analyze output
- Warm personal and professional demeanor
- Ability to type 60 wpm
Salary and Benefits
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- ICC’s group hospitalization and dental benefits plan after three calendar months of employment
- Vacation, sick leave, and holiday schedule
Please do not call ICC. Send your cover letter, résumé, and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ICC is seeking an exceptionally talented and motivated public policy professional for the position of Advocacy Associate. The Advocacy Associate will report to ICC’s Advocacy Director to support the strategies and initiatives of the Advocacy Department. Working collaboratively with other members of the ICC team, the Advocacy Associate will assist the Advocacy Director to accomplish identified goals for the department and expand the advocacy efforts of ICC. This is a full-time exempt position in Silver Spring, MD.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Initiate and conduct advocacy tours on Capitol Hill
- Initiate and organize press conferences, congressional hearings, and congressional staff briefings
- Build and maintain key relationships with congressional offices, government agencies, and NGO’s.
- Draft correspondence to foreign governments and the U.S. Congress
- Write and edit press releases, op-eds, policy papers, and petitions
- Work with congressional offices on assigned projects.
- Write speeches, talking points and briefs for ICC President and Advocacy Director for public events
- Fulfill tasks assigned by ICC’s Advocacy Director
Experience and Skills
- We have a strong preference for an individual with a solid Christian witness and history
- Required: Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree
- Required: Background in advocacy, public policy, international relations or related field
- Preferred: 1+ year of experience working as either personal, committee, or leadership staff on Capitol Hill
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- A team player, personable, values driven, flexible, well-spoken and a strong presenter
- Demonstrated track record of managing multiple tasks and projects, meeting deadlines in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- U.S. resident with U.S. citizenship or work visa
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary based on skills and experience.
- ICC’s group hospitalization and dental benefits plan after the initial two calendar months of employment.
- Generous vacation and holiday schedule.
Please do not call ICC. Send your cover letter, résumé, and contact information for three references to email@example.com. Qualified applicants will be contacted.