Jobs at ICC
International Christian Concern (ICC) is a Washington, DC-area 501(c)(3) nonprofit devoted to providing assistance, advocacy, and awareness for the worldwide persecuted Christian Church.
Our current job openings are:
ICC is seeking an exceptionally talented and motivated public policy professional for the position of Advocacy Associate. The Advocacy Associate will report to ICC’s Advocacy Director to support the strategies and initiatives of the Advocacy Department. Working collaboratively with other members of the ICC team, the Advocacy Associate will assist the Advocacy Director to accomplish identified goals for the department and expand the advocacy efforts of ICC. This is a full-time exempt position in Silver Spring, MD.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Initiate and conduct advocacy tours on Capitol Hill
- Initiate and organize press conferences, congressional hearings, and congressional staff briefings
- Build and maintain key relationships with congressional offices, government agencies, and NGO’s.
- Draft correspondence to foreign governments and the U.S. Congress
- Write and edit press releases, op-eds, policy papers, and petitions
- Work with congressional offices on assigned projects.
- Write speeches, talking points and briefs for ICC President and Advocacy Director for public events
- Fulfill tasks assigned by ICC’s Advocacy Director
Experience and Skills
- We have a strong preference for an individual with a solid Christian witness and history
- Required: Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree
- Required: Background in advocacy, public policy, international relations or related field
- Preferred: 1+ year of experience working as either personal, committee, or leadership staff on Capitol Hill
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- A team player, personable, values driven, flexible, well-spoken and a strong presenter
- Demonstrated track record of managing multiple tasks and projects, meeting deadlines in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- U.S. resident with U.S. citizenship or work visa
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary based on skills and experience.
- ICC’s group hospitalization and dental benefits plan after the initial two calendar months of employment.
- Generous vacation and holiday schedule.
Please do not call ICC. Send your cover letter, résumé, and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Qualified applicants will be contacted.