Jobs at ICC
Christian Persecution Jobs Available At ICC
Are you looking for a career that has an eternal impact? International Christian Concern (ICC) seeks ministry-minded professionals to join our team based in Washington, D.C. We offer competitive compensation, and full-time staff are eligible for health and dental insurance, a retirement plan, and generous paid time off.
Jobs at ICC
Our current job openings are:
Donor Development Specialist
Who We Are:
International Christian Concern (ICC) is a Washington DC-area nonprofit (501 c3) devoted to providing assistance, advocacy, and awareness for the worldwide persecuted Christian Church. ICC is seeking a highly talented, exceptionally motivated fundraising professional with a passion for the mission of ICC for the position of Donor Development Specialist.
As a member of the budding development team, the Donor Development Specialist works collaboratively with ICC’s executive team to maintain contact with prospective and active mid-level donors. This individual will represent ICC in a manner that will encourage people to further support our causes. He/She will be responsible for cultivating and maintaining relationships with donors who support ICC fundraising campaigns and special projects. The main focus is to deepen existing donor relationships as well as develop new ones to provide all financial support as required by the fiscal needs of ICC. The Donor Development Specialist will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the success of the development program by assisting in strategy development and execution. This position has great potential for growth as the program progresses. This is a full-time position in Silver Spring, MD (must be able to work some evenings and weekends).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the executive team to identify and develop prospective funders for tangible financial support.
- Coordinate events and speaking engagements for ICC’s president to speak at.
- Cultivate and deepen strategic relationships with existing donors via personal meetings, telephone calls, etc.
- Contact individuals daily by telephone, mail, or e-mail to thank for gifts received, share the vision of ICC and case for support, build relationships, pray with, and to solicit funds.
- Act as process owner and shepherd for programmed donor communications, including automatic and manual responses, thank yous, tax forms, ‘evergreen’ newsletter initial mailings.
- Implement/oversee internal systems designed to guarantee appropriate acknowledgement of financial support, as well as continued cultivation, education, communication and stewardship of all current funders.
- Requires strong teamwork with the communications team, who have strong ownership, skill, and pride in the Emma domain, housing the initial contact email / video series.
- Write letters and send periodic project updates to partners keeping them informed of the impact of their support.
- This may take the form of teamwork with Communication for insider reports, appeal follow up thank yous, and ‘where most needed’ periodic updates.
- Involves strong teamwork with the Admin team for Kindful operations, housing the thank yous and tax forms.
- This could involve creative touchpoints like gifts, personal touches like birthday cards and emails, etc, to accomplish the donor relationship mission.
- This should include lapsed donor engagement.
- Oversee and build the monthly donor program.
- This will involve at least a minimum of a yearly ask in an appeal for monthly donations.
- Consider specific management of lapsed monthly donors.
- Requires briefing to the President as the decision maker and architect for the overall donor relationship.
- Work in partnership with the ICC development team to identify and manage donors with greater giving potential, share contact information, and offer assistance as needed.
- Develop and execute yearly and quarterly development goals adequate to provide required financial support.
- Maintain accurate records of contacts in the Customer Relations Database system.
- Keep abreast of campaign progress and project funding needs.
- Assist with events and functions as requested.
- Fulfill other duties as assigned.
Experience and Skills:
- We have a strong preference for an individual with a strong Christian witness and history.
- 2-4 years’ experience in a relevant position. Nonprofit experience is a strong plus.
- Strong Excel experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- U.S. resident with U.S. citizenship or work visa.
- $50,000-60,000 salary plus bonuses.
- ICC’s group hospitalization and dental benefits plan after the initial three calendar months of employment.
- Generous vacation, sick leave, and holiday schedule.
Send your cover letter, résumé, portfolio, and contact information for three references to email@example.com.
Please do not call ICC.
Qualifying applicants will be contacted.
Join our mailing list
Sign up to keep up to date with the latest Persecution news, see your gifts in action, and find out how to get involved to help persecuted believers worldwide.