Jobs at ICC
International Christian Concern (ICC) is a Washington DC-area nonprofit (501 c3) devoted to providing assistance, advocacy, and awareness for the worldwide persecuted Christian Church. ICC is seeking a highly talented, exceptionally motivated, and seasoned fundraising professional for the position of Development Director (DD).
The Development Director works collaboratively with ICC’s president and board members to accomplish the identified goals of ICC. The DD oversees all fundraising and cultivation activities of the organization, and is responsible for providing all financial support through the execution of development programs as required by the fiscal need of the organization. Reporting to the president, the DD plans and executes all development efforts. The DD communicates the organization’s directives to the donor base in a manner which will both broaden and deepen their relationships. This is a full-time position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute yearly and quarterly development goals adequate to provide required financial support.
- Develop and deepen relationships with your portfolio of major donors and Churches through personal visits, calls, and emails.
- Keep your major donor/church portfolio informed of events and ICC plans/successes in serving the persecuted.
- Represent ICC on a regular basis in personal meetings, presentations, and calls to major donors, major donor prospects, churches, foundations, etc.
- Raise giving from your portfolio of major donors and churches.
- Oversee and build the monthly donor program.
- Monitor ICC’s gift acknowledgment systems to ensure fast and personal acknowledgement of financial support (receipts, personal notes, thank you calls).
- Work with your major donor/church portfolio to identify and develop new prospective major donors and donor churches.
Experience and Skills
- We have a strong preference for an individual with a strong Christian witness and history.
- 5+ years of professional development experience in a nonprofit organization as a donor rep or DD.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Tangible experience of having expanded and cultivated existing donor relationships over time.
- Tangible experience in dealing with foundations.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships.
- Flexible and adaptable style; a leader who can positively impact both strategic and tactical fundraising initiatives
- Ability to work both independently without close oversight, but also a team player who will productively engage with others at varying levels of seniority within and outside of the organization.
- Ability to construct, articulate, and implement annual strategic development plan.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Customer focus.
- A professional, resourceful style; the ability to take initiative and to manage multiple tasks and projects at a time.
- U.S. resident with U.S. citizenship or work visa.
Salary and Benefits
- Salaried position with bonuses for hitting revenue targets.
- ICC’s group hospitalization and dental benefits plan after the initial three calendar months of employment.
- Generous vacation, sick leave, and holiday schedule.
Please do not call ICC. Send your cover letter, résumé, and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Qualified applicants will be contacted.