More Attacks Leave Dozens Dead in Burkina Faso

02/04/2020 Burkina Faso (International Christian Concern) – There have been more attacks over the past two weeks in Burkina Faso. In what is being called the fastest growing humanitarian crisis in Africa, Burkina Faso has left hundreds killed and hundreds of thousands displaced since the beginning of 2019. These two most recent attacks took place on January 25 and February 1.

The attack on January 25 took place in the city of Silgadji. This is the same city where terrorists executed a pastor and 5 of his church members outside of their church on April 28, 2019. According to the Barnabas Fund, the attack on January 25 was conducted by “Jihadists, claiming to be killing ‘in the name of Allah'”. The jihadists reportedly told everyone in the village Market to seperate into two groups by gender. After this they told them to convert to Islam or die. This attack has reported left as many as 50 dead, including as many as 10 Christians.

The second attack on Feb 1, took place in the town of Lamdamol. This attack, reported by al-Jazeera, has not been claimed by any groups so far. At least 18 people were killed during this attack. There have been no reports about this attack having religious overtones, but the most active and violent groups in Burkina Faso are he Islamic Terror groups that have been moving south from Mali. It is likely that they are responsible for this atrocity as well. Please continue to pray for Burkina Faso as our brothers and sisters struggle to survive an onslaught by these violent and hateful groups of terrorists.

For interviews, please contact Olivia Miller, Communications Coordinator: press@persecution.org.

ICC is on a mission to help persecuted Christians. Will you join us?