Giving hope to persecuted Christians since 1995
Select Page

ICC Note

Al-Shabaab killed another 20 people in an attack on a hotel in Mogadishu. This follows only two weeks after 358 people were killed in a double truck bombing on the capital of Somalia. The terrorist group has denied responsibility for the first attack, but says that it did commit this lesser one. They are saying that they chose the hotel in order to attack many senior government officials who use the hotel. Bombings have become almost a daily occurrence in the city.

 

2017-10-30 Somalia (NewVision) Security forces in the Somali capital, Mogadishu, have ended a 15-hour siege of a hotel stormed by armed militants.

The gunmen entered the building after two bombs were detonated in the area. At least 20 people were killed, and it is feared more bodies will be found as security forces search the hotel.

The Islamist militant group, Al-Shabaab, said it had carried out the bombings.

Two weeks ago, 358 people died in the worst attack in Somalia since the group launched its offensive in 2007.

The al-Qaeda-linked group denies having any involvement in the 14 October attack, from which another 56 people are still missing.

BBC reported that the militants said they had chosen the popular Nasahablod Two hotel for Saturday’s attack because it had been frequented by security officials and politicians.

Provincial leaders, police and intelligence officials were gathering for a meeting with the government to agree on a joint strategy against al-Shabab, due to take place on Sunday.

 

Full Story