Giving hope to persecuted Christians since 1995
Select Page

ICC Note


The Central African Republic has been in constant conflict for many years. Recently, U.N. peacekeepers have been accused of being complicit in murderous acts committed by Union for Peace (UPC) militants. These militants are Muslims who are mainly ex-Seleka militia and Fulani. The attack took place on 5-6 August, in the town of Gambo. This ttack claimed the lives of hundreds of innocent civilians who were hiding out in a hospital. The U.N. Peacekeepers who were stationed in the town during the attack did nothing to stop the murders from taking place and are now being looked at for criminal actions. The U.N. is also wary that the conflict in the CAR is turning into a genocidal war.


2017-08-25 Central African Republic (WorldWatchMonitor) A local MP has accused UN peacekeepers in the Central African Republic (MINUSCA) of ‘complicity’ in an attack which claimed dozens of lives, including ten Red Cross workers, in the eastern town of Gambo recently, World Watch Monitor has learned.

The MP for Gambo, Michel Kpingo, in a statement (7 August) said that while all had wished for the UN Moroccan contingent to be replaced, it had not been, and that ‘the complicity of these soldiers was clearly established in the events of Gambo’.

Yesterday, the UN outgoing humanitarian chief Stephen O’Brien warned the UN Security Council that there are “early warning signs of genocide” in the Central African Republic (CAR), with “a terrible development of militias now using ethnic or religious” reasons for attacks.

The Gambo attack was carried out on 5-6 August by ex-Séléka rebels, now part of the UPC – a mainly Muslim and Fulani militia, and one of 13 armed groups who signed a peace agreement two months ago.

Dozens, maybe even hundreds, of civilians who sought refuge at the Gambo hospital were slaughtered; most of the victims were women and children and many patients had their throats slit; others were burnt alive in their properties. An undetermined number of houses and properties were also looted and burned down.

The Moroccan UN troops, who stayed in the town for two days during the violence, did nothing to prevent the killings or protect civilians, several local sources told World Watch Monitor. 



Full Story