Giving hope to persecuted Christians since 1995
Select Page

ICC Note:

Following the announcement of a truce between the radical Islamic insurgency, Boko Haram, and the Nigerian government—against which it has fought for more than a decade for a separate Islamic state in the Nigerian north—militants belonging to the terrorist network reportedly attacked two towns, slaughtering innocents before claiming a third town for the Islamic caliphate it declared in late August. The Nigerian government has said that it intends to continue talks with senior Boko Haram membership despite the breach of the truce, which Boko Haram has yet to publicly acknowledge having agreed to.

10/20/2014 Nigeria (BBC) – Suspected militant Islamists have shot and slaughtered people in three villages in northeast Nigeria, despite government claims that it had agreed a truce with them, residents say.

Boko Haram fighters raided two villages on Saturday, and raised their flag in a third, residents said.

The government said it would continue negotiating with Boko Haram, despite the alleged breach of the truce.

It hopes the group will this week free more than 200 girls it seized in April.

Boko Haram has not commented on the announcement made on Friday that a truce had been agreed, and that the militants would release the schoolgirls abducted from the remote north-eastern town of Chibok.

[Full Story]