Giving hope to persecuted Christians since 1995
Select Page

Dead Body of Missionary Found in Neelum River

At Any Cost Jesus Mission (10/25/06) – The dead body of Dr. Mehaboob, the missionary of At Anycost Jesus Mission in Pakistan , was found in Neelum river on October 18. He was 42 years of age. Two of his children Shalom and Sharon were brutally murdered and their dead bodies were burnt on 1st of September.

His wife Paulin Mehabooba (37 years old) and the youngest daughters Sherin (11 years old) and Shelvin (7 years old) are still missing.

Dr. Mehaboob was a Muslim. He was born in Bahawalpur in Pakistan . He accepted Jesus Christ as his personal Saviour while he was studying. He married a christian girl named Paulin about 17 years ago. His conversion and marriage created problems. They would have been killed by his relatives. But they escaped and lived in Peshawar for few years. They started proclaiming the Gospel there. Many people accepted Jesus. And they were attacked and their first boy child (who was eldor to Shalom) was murdered on his 7 years of age. So they left Peshawar and came to Muzaffarabad. And continued their ministry in between Muzaffarabad and Baltit.

At Anycost Jesus Mission started on 1st of January, 2000 as a millenium project for the underground evangelisation of the Muslim nations. Dr. Mehaboob is one of the founders of the Mission . There are 78 underground missionaries serving in different nations to reach the Gospel to the Muslims, in which eight are from Pakistan .

The militants asked Dr. Mehaboob family to stop missionary activites and convert back to Islam with the believers. They offered a big amount to convert back to Islam and join with their group. They very much appreciated the way of the underground ministry Dr.Mehaboob and the team doing. They wanted to utilise his efforts and talents to fight against christianity. Dr. Mehaboob and family totally refused them and boldly said that Christ is our Saviour and we will stand behind His shadow till the last breath of our life. He was beaten several times. Around 15 to 20 people kidnapped the boy Shalom on 8th of August. They forcely and roughly circumcised him. They used iron weights and rusty knives for the circumcision. Then they left the boy back home. He became sick, suffered too much pain, pus came out from penis and could not urinate for two or three days. The militants gave the warning it was only an advance. Dr. Mehaboob approched the Police to file a case. But the police did not register a case, and said that they would be charged against Mehaboob for attempting murder to his son. All the believers gathered in his house everyday and prayed. It made the militants angry.

On 21st of August, the whole family of Dr. Mehaboob was kidnapped. Believers were beaten severly whenever they try to join for prayers. The police was supporting the militants.

The militants raped the girls in front of the parents. Sharon , the older girl rebuked, so they cut one of her breasts. Both Shalom and Sharon were killed. The militants left the dead bodies in a ditch along with a motorbyke, poured the petrol and burnt them. The police said those are unidentified dead bodies. And made a false statement that it was an accident and the petrol tank of the byke was opened while they were fallen into the ditch and burnt by a spark.

Since then there was no news about Mehaboob, wife and remaining two girls. It was informed to the related authorities of the government.