Nigeria’s Boko Haram Says More Violence Coming as 100 Already Killed
“We are winning this war against the infidels and we will not stop until we have our goal of an Islamic state.”
By David Eto
06/21/2012 Nigeria (Bikymasr)-As over 100 people reportedly have been killed in the latest sectarian violence in Nigeria, a Boko Haram spokesman has told Bikyamasr.com that the militant group wants to “push for more” in a reference to continued violence and upheaval in the country.
“We are winning this war against the infidels and we will not stop until we have our goal of an Islamic state,” the spokesman told Bikyamasr.com via telephone on Thursday.
It came after violence on Wednesday erupted again in Nigeria’s north, bringing the total number of those killed in Christian-Muslim violence to around 100.
The suicide bombings killed at least 21 people and sparked reprisal attacks by Christians against Muslims that reportedly killed another 52 people in Kaduna.
“This is the cost of war and these martyrs gave their life for Islam and the belief in a better future for Nigeria,” the spokesman continued
On Monday, suspected Boko Haram militants attacked police and security targets in Damaturu. Shootouts between militants and security forces continued into Tuesday and left at least 40 people dead.
Boko Haram has fomented violence in the country over the past few years, but more recently, the ultra-conservative Islamic group has increased their attacks on civilians after negotiations with the government ended with no positive result last year.